1. My writing group - I sit here with them now at Panera in Groton, my two faithful writing friends who I meet with every Sunday that I can and we sit here mostly quietly with each other and write. Without them, I would get a lot less work done and feel nowhere near as confident in my ability to finish everything.
2. I've written 2000 words on this current work in progress for three days in a row. That's something.
3. I've passed a 55 day streak in writing on 750words.com and that is also something.
4. Cheryl Strayed, a great writer, who I just learned from reading Wild took the name Strayed after she got divorced, she just chose it herself because it sounded more like her than the names she was given in life, and I really respect and admire that.
5. I've decided to keep homeschooling Elise despite my trepidations, my fears of her going to public school and getting emotionally abused every day trump my fears of what will happen to our relationship if we keep going on like this, so we'll see what happens when the school year starts next month. This is a good thing. I know it's the right thing to do.
It’s not hard to decide what you want your life to be about. What’s hard, she said, is figuring out what you’re willing to give up in order to do the things you really care about.
— Shauna Niequist, Bittersweet
1. It's beach time. We went to Waterford Beach tonight for the first time this season and I asked myself why the hell we waited so long to do it.
2. I finally finished the first Game of Thrones book after trying to get through it a bunch of times and failing, and now I need a bit of a break before I start in on the next one, but yay!
3. This week I went with my mom and sister to see Grease the musical at the Ivoryton Playhouse, which I haven't been to before, and it was super fun as well as a very quaint place filled with elephants.
4. The last few days have been perfect, weather wise, which isn't something I can say most days out of the year. 70-80s with low humidity is my jam.
5. I have been enjoying my six hours of writing and reading while Elise is at camp on Mondays and Tuesdays, as it's just too far to drive home and back every day, I camp out in a coffee shop and then the library while she's at the Block. I wish I could say I've been more productive, but at least I am where I need to be to keep on trying.